Introduced in 2019, the PTX100R is dedicated to serve IoT and PoS applications, implementing a unique sine wave hardware transceiver architecture and offering a winning combination of superior Transmit power and sensitivity, accurate wave shaping, and a reduced bill-of-materials compared to conventional square-wave NFC controllers – products which have changed little over the past decade.
NFC Reader for Iot, PoS, MPoS and SmartPoS
The PTX100R marks a breakthrough in NFC system performance, power and size.
The PTX100R is fully compliant with the specifications of the latest EMVCo 3.0 standard for contactless payments. It is supplied with an application-ready EMVCo 3.0 L1 interface. The Panthronics product includes a set of facilities which makes the integration of a third-party EMV L2 stack fast and easy. It also provides rich debugging capabilities allowing for rapid prototyping.
Benefit from our patented DiRAC technology which enables the NFC to drive output power of up to 2W directly to the antenna while achieving sensitivity of -80dB.
The PTX100R is in mass production now.
- EvalBoard demonstrating EMVCo 3.0 L1 compliancy
- Read/ Write functionality compatible with NFC Forum standard
- Breakable lines between main board, matching circuit and antenna for easy usage with customer antenna
- Easy Host Interface selection via switches (UART, SPI, I2C)
- POS GUI support EMVCo loop back mode
- IoT GUI supporting A/B/F/V discovery mode
- Documentations to support design-in activity
Reference Implementation Renesas Synergy IoT Reader Demo Kit
- IoT NFC Reader application running on Renesas Synergy TB-S3A1 Board
- Full IoT Reader functionality enables the user to quickly read out type A/B/F/V cards and tags.
- IoT NFC Reader application implementing: initialization, discover, activation, communication and deactivation
- PMOD Connector used to connect Renesas MCU Board to PTX100R Evalboard
- Single USB-C supply for both Boards
- Quick Start Guide and Application Note
Dedicated Customer Support Portal
- Board and sample request
- Knowledge base with datasheets, application notes, antenna design guides and other documentation
- GUI installer and SDK download
- 24/7 application engineering support and request tracking