NFC Wireless charging IC Panthronics´ PTX100W supplies up to 1W to the listener battery
The industry’s first dedicated NFC transmitter for wireless charging applications alongside data communication.
PTX100W is a powerful and efficient NFC transmitter system-on-chip for use in wireless charger devices for consumer application.
Its new RF architecture enables NFC wireless charging solutions of devices with smaller antenna and larger battery capacity compared to the existing solutions.
PTX100W NFC WLC Evalkit Panthronics cuts development time and effort for NFC wireless charging with release of complete system reference design
- EvalKit Content
- Poller with PTX100W
- Listener board to demonstrate retrieved power
- SDK for integration into generic MCU
- HW/SW integration notes
- Board description, schematics, layout
- Antenna and matching guideline, RF tuning documentation
- Demonstrate up to 1W charging power on the Listener
- Evaluate NFC wireless charging with customer target device
- Mock-up with own antenna for RF evaluation
- Software evaluation and integration
Wireless Charging System Reference
- The system reference includes:
- On the poller side:
- the PTX100W NFC controller from Panthronics
- an MCU for system control
- On the listener side:
- a NFC Tag for NFC data transfer
- an efficient rectifier circuit
- a PMIC for battery charging
- MCU for WLC protocol implementation
- On the poller side:
Wireless Charging System Performance
- Highly automatized and robotized test environment to characterize NFC Wireless Charging systems in different conditions:
- Within full operating volume
- Under various corner conditions (temperature…)
- Under different charging states (trickle charge, CC and CV)
- The performance tests on PTX WLC Evalkit proves 1W harvested power on listener over arbitrary misplacement of ±5mm in x/y at various z positions.
Latest news related to PTX100W
A system based on Panthronics’ PTX100W NFC wireless charging controller can supply as much as 1W to the battery – twice the power capability of the next best competing product
Latest events related to PTX100W
NFC Readers for POS, MPOS and SmartPOS
The PTX100R marks a breakthrough in NFC system performance, power and size.
The PTX100R is fully compliant with the specifications of the latest EMVCo 3.0 standard for contactless payments. It is supplied with an application-ready EMVCo 3.0 L1 interface. The Panthronics product includes a set of facilities which makes the integration of a third-party EMV L2 stack fast and easy. It also provides rich debugging capabilities allowing for rapid prototyping.
Benefit from our patented DiRAC technology which enables the NFC to drive output power of up to 2W directly to the antenna while achieving sensitivity of -80dB.
The PTX100R is in mass production now.
- EvalBoard demonstrating EMVCo 3.0 L1 compliancy
- Read/ Write functionality compatible with NFC Forum standard
- Breakable lines between main board, matching circuit and antenna for easy usage with customer antenna
- Easy Host Interface selection via switches (UART, SPI, I2C)
- POS GUI support EMVCo loop back mode
- IoT GUI supporting A/B/F/V discovery mode
- Documentations to support design-in activity
Reference Implementation Renesas Synergy IoT Reader Demo Kit
- IoT NFC Reader application running on Renesas Synergy TB-S3A1 Board
- Full IoT Reader functionality enables the user to quickly read out type A/B/F/V cards and tags.
- IoT NFC Reader application implementing: initialization, discover, activation, communication and deactivation
- PMOD Connector used to connect Renesas MCU Board to PTX100R Evalboard
- Single USB-C supply for both Boards
- Quick Start Guide and Application Note
Latest News related to PTX100R
Panthronics PTX100R has been chosen by BBPOS as the basis for its next generation PoS and mPoS products.
Panthronics extends the evaluation kit for the PTX100R helping to accelerate development of NFC applications on the Renesas Synergy family of 32-bit microcontrollers.